This recipe could not be more simple or more tasty. Even if you don’t love potatoes, you will love these, I know because I myself am not a huge potato fan, at all! However, while patronizing Madison’s downtown farmer’s market, I felt a strong urge to purchase some of the gorgeous new baby potatoes with speckled the stands of many vendors. So, I got my hands on some, created a simple recipe, and boy oh boy, did I enjoy these little gems.
I’ve already enjoyed these multiple ways, my favorites being 1. on a simple, fresh salad of baby lettuces, carrots, and tomatoes, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and a tiny sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt. and 2. piled on a small plate served with this amazing natural ketchup. I highly suggest both of these ways to consume the baby spuds, they will not disappoint!
Herb Roasted Baby Potatoes
– ~2 pounds tiny red baby potatoes
– one tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 tsp. each of dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, Italian herb seasoning
– 1/4-1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt (or any other natural sea salt)
1. Either spear or cut potatoes in half, spread on baking sheet, and roast in a 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes. The time completely depends on the size of the potatoes and the oven used, when I make these, I don’t even set a timer, I simply check periodically and check the potatoes by piercing them with a fork to see if they are done.
2. Meanwhile, add olive oil, herbs, and salt to the bottom of a serving bowl. Mix mixture with a spoon.
3. When potatoes are finished, place in mixing bowl and with a spoon or your hands, completely coat the potatoes with the herb mixture.